Short and long term therapy for adolescents (age 15-19), adults, and couples. Services offered in English and Farsi.
My therapeutic approach:
I believe we are wired for healing and growth. Experiencing emotional turmoil and suffering is part of life, but as humans we develop behaviors, thoughts and relationships that could make us feel stuck, depressed, isolated, angry or anxious to name a few. Through therapy we can identify patterns that are not so useful and develop new ones that help us feel calmer, more connected, content, creative, and more courageous. In other words, therapy is a healing ritual that helps us gain access to essential resources in ourselves and in our environment to better cope with life’s problems, to move forward and to grow. In my practice I draw from cognitive-behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, internal family systems, mindfulness, and sensorimotor psychotherapy. I use talk therapy and incorporate experiential practices during session to crystallize what we discuss. I also assign small homework (e.g., things to think about or write about, or skills to practice) to keep the momentum of therapy going. We will also periodically revisit goals for therapy to ensure we’re on the right track.
My areas of expertise:
- Personal growth and self-awareness
- Self-esteem issues
- Stress management
- Peak performance
- Major life transitions and decisions
- Career concerns
- Identity issues (spirituality, sexuality, ethnicity, etc.)
- Relationship problems
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
I am licensed as a clinical psychologist with the Dubai Health Authority. I am also licensed in Canada with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and authorized for autonomous practice with adolescents, adults and couples.
I hold a Doctorate of Psychology in Clinical Psychology and a Masters in Counselling Psychology from Adler University in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Since 2009, I have provided psychological services in the following settings and with a diverse range of clients:
- McDowall Counselling and Consulting Group, Toronto, Ontario, CAN
- Chrysalis Centre Psychological and Counselling Services, Markham, Ontario, CAN
- University of California Counseling and Psychological Services, Merced, California, USA
- Northwestern University Counseling and Psychological Services, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Associates in Behavioral Science, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- United Stand Counseling Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA