Location: Christ Church, Jebel Ali
Date: Saturday 23 November 2019
Time: 8.30 am – 3 pm
Leader: Matleena Vanhanen
Fee: 420 AED per couple (including VAT and John Gottman’s book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work as well as companion workbooks for both spouses)
Information and registration: Contact Matleena at firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr John Gottman as presented in his New York Times Bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. This psycho-educational research-based workshop is dedicated to improving the quality of relationships.
Who will benefit:
- All married couples from newlyweds to seniors
- Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Those needing better conflict management tools
Couples will learn how to:
- Build and improve friendship, fondness and admiration
- Deepen your knowledge of one another
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Understand and work with both solvable and difficult problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
What to expect: Seven Principles Couples Programme format includes lectures and private couple exercises. The workshop is not therapy, nor is it an open sharing of personal problems. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your spouse.
N.B: This workshop is not suitable for those who are experiencing severe relationship distress, emotional or domestic abuse, or for those who are not in recovery for addiction or are experiencing untreated mental health problems.
The workshop is secular and open to couples of all faiths.
About the Educator:
Matleena is a Counselling Psychologist and Certified Gottman Therapist working at The MapleTree Center DMCC Dubai. She has worked with individuals, couples and families for 20 years.